Congressional Art Competition
Please stay tuned for information regarding the 2015 art competition details
Each spring, the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives sponsor a nationwide high school arts competition. The Artistic Discovery Contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our congressional district.
The Artistic Discovery Contest is open to all high school students in the 12th District. The over-all winner of our district's competition will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol. The exhibit in Washington will also include artwork from other contest winners nationwide.
The Congressional Art Competition began in 1982 to provide an opportunity for members of Congress to encourage and recognize the artistic talents of their young constituents. Since then, over 650,000 high school students have been involved with the nationwide competition.
The guidelines to the 2014 competition are as follows:
- The competition is open to high school students only. Exceptions will be made for schools that have 7th through 12th grades in one building.
- The maximum number of entries from each public and private school is three entries.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- An awards reception with the Congresswoman is open to all participating students and is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 2, 2014.
- All art work is due by 4:30pm on Friday, April 25, 2014. Please call (817) 338-0909 to make an appointment to drop off artwork at:
Congresswoman Kay Granger’s District office
1701 River Run Road, Suite 407
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Please email Clarin Gniffke at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.