Assistance with Federal Agencies/Casework

If you need assistance with a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve the problem or get you the information you need. This is a service my district office extends to residents of the 12th Congressional District of Texas. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. the Privacy Act Release Form must be filled out and sent to our district office before we can assist you with your case.

If you have questions about what my staff can help you with, here is a brief list of examples that involve government agencies and programs:

* military awards and commendations;
* veterans' benefits;
* Social Security and Medicare benefits;
* immigration matters;
* federal worker injury compensation;
* small-business concerns;
* tax matters and Internal Revenue Service;
* HUD housing;
* student loans;
* military academy applications

The Privacy Release Form can be downloaded below, and must be filled out and sent to the district office: