Coronavirus Update: June 3rd, 2020
By The Numbers:
Statistics are current as June 3rd, 10:30 a.m CT
- In Texas, 1,117,274 people have been tested, resulting in 66,568 cases and 1,698 deaths, as reported by the Texas Department of State Health Services. There are an estimated 20,353 active cases in our state, and an estimated 44,517 coronavirus patients in Texas have successfully recovered.
- Tarrant County has at least 5,534 confirmed cases; Parker County has 79 confirmed cases; and Wise County has 47.
- In the United States, more than 1 million cases of coronavirus have now been diagnosed, resulting in over 100,000 deaths. There are at least 1,802,470 cases and 105,157 deaths, as reported by the CDC.
- Texas – and Texas 12 – turn the corner: This Monday, June 1st, Governor Abbott shared that Texas experienced the lowest number of deaths from the coronavirus since March 30th. We are also seeing a decrease in coronavirus cases in our own community. As of today, June 3rd, new cases of the virus in Tarrant County have continued to trend downward, according to data tracking when positive test results are reported to Tarrant County Public Health. However, the county still classifies our level of community spread as “substantial,” so keep following CDC precautions to keep our momentum strong and to continue minimizing the spread.
- Do your part for a successful Phase 2: As more and more students start their summer breaks, Texas families are gaining more options to keep them entertained. As of last week, zoos, waterparks, youth camps, and youth sports may reopen, with some restrictions and health protocols in place, as part of Phase 2 of Governor Abbott’s plan to reopen our state safely and strategically. The Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas is still encouraging us to continue wearing face coverings when visiting many of these establishments. For more detailed information, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services’ website to familiarize yourself with the minimum recommended health protocols for when you choose to enjoy any of these newly reopened activities.
- More testing options come to Tarrant County. New testing sites for the coronavirus have arrived at 42 CVS pharmacy locations in Texas, including 7 in Tarrant County. See if your local CVS pharmacy is participating and get more information on qualifying for testing by visiting here: https://bit.ly/2zUvCDd
- To locate a testing site anywhere in Texas, visit bit.ly/txcovidtest for an interactive map provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services and Texas Division of Emergency Management.