ABOUT THE CONGRESSIONAL VETERAN COMMENDATION (CVC)
The Congressional Veteran Commendation is a nominations-based program designed to honor the wartime sacrifices and peacetime community involvement of residents of the 12th Congressional District of Texas.
- Veteran must currently reside in the 12th Congressional District of Texas. To verify, please visit https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative and enter the veteran’s ZIP code in the “Find Your Representative" box.
- Veteran was active duty in the United States armed forces or was a reservist called to active duty.
- Veteran retired from the United States armed forces or was honorably discharged.
Please send the following items, in one cohesive package, by July 15th, 2023.
Send to 1701 River Run, #407, Fort Worth, TX 76107:
- The CVC nomination form, completed in its entirety.
- A 1–2 page letter, addressed to Congresswoman Kay Granger, which details why you believe the nominee should receive the 12th District’s Congressional Veteran Commendation. The letter should contain as much information as possible about the veteran’s heroism while in the military and community involvement thereafter.
- A current photo of the veteran
- Copies of photos, military records, news clippings and other two-dimensional memorabilia that help you to tell the story of the veteran’s military and community service. These items are considered supplemental and are not required; should you choose to submit them, do not submit originals. Please limit your nomination packet to three 8.5" x 11” pages of supplemental materials.
A carefully selected Review Board will review the nominations and make recommendations to the Congresswoman.
For any additional questions, please contact Justin Allbright at email@example.com or call our Fort Worth Office at 817-338-0909.