- Creates a “one size fits all” federally mandated approach to our election laws- forcing states to surrender their autonomy
- Allows for voter registration with no identification and for online registration; this would open the door to the potential for massive voter fraud schemes at the fingertips of criminals.
- The bill would restore voting rights to individuals convicted of a felony, no matter how heinous the crime- potentially allowing those who are convicted of voter fraud and voter intimidation to vote in our elections.
- Prevents election officials from verifying voter eligibility
- Permits underage voters to register and officials will be unable to determine if they are eligible to vote or not.
- Publicly finances elections by creating a 6 to 1 government match. This means that the government is giving your tax money to politicians so they can run more advertisements.
- Allows candidates to use campaign contributions on themselves.
- Infringes on the free speech rights of Americans and organizations by putting compliance and administrative restrictions on certain groups, citizens and non-profits.
Member of Congress