|May 17, 2006|
WASHINGTON – Congresswoman Kay Granger (R – Fort Worth) announced Tuesday that thirteen District 12 residents have received Congressional appointments to one of the U.S. military service academies and one appointment to the U.S. Naval Prep School.
“The important task of protecting our country and preserving democracy is entrusted to the men and women in the military,” Granger said. “Today, military leaders must excel in not only military matters, but also in technology, management and other areas. The women and men who have earned appointments to the military academies this year are the best we have to offer in District 12, and I am confident they will go on to be the military leaders of tomorrow who will continue to protect and defend the United States.”
The appointments are for the class that enters in Summer 2006 and graduates in Spring 2010. The appointees from District 12 are as follows:
• J. Spencer Brown U.S. Air Force Academy, R.L. Paschal High School
• John Conine, U.S. Military Academy (Westpoint), R.L. Paschal High School
• Benjamin Hill, U.S. Air Force Academy, R.L. Paschal High School
• Michael Kelly, U.S. Naval Academy, Brewer High School
• Christopher Ladehoff, U.S. Air Force Academy, Home school
• Garrett Mays, U.S. Military Academy (Westpoint), Trinity Christian Academy
• Joshua Miles, U.S. Military Academy (Westpoint), Trinity Valley School
• William Sack, U.S. Military Academy (Westpoint), Crowley High School
• Brian Thorn;, U.S. Air Force Academy, Home school
• Cody Yenter, U.S. Air Force Academy, Northwest High School
Students who have been attending an academy prep school who received an appointment are:
• Karl Bohn, U.S. Air Force Academy
• Kyle Rogers, U.S. Air Force Academy
• Stephanie Schoeneman, U.S. Military Academy (Westpoint)
In addition, Ian Rubi, a Central High School graduate, will attend the U.S. Naval Prep School.
Individuals who are interested in obtaining a Congressional nomination for the next academic class, which begins in Summer 2007, must send a completed application package to Congresswoman Granger’s District 12 office no later than October 16, 2006.
For additional information or an application packet, write to:
Congresswoman Kay Granger
1701 River Run Road, Suite 407
Fort Worth, Texas 76107-6548
Or an individual can call the military academy coordinators in the office at (817) 338-0909.
Interested individuals can also go to www.kaygranger.house.gov for nomination information.