WASHINGTON, DC– Congresswoman Kay Granger (TX-12) announced the names of nine students who have received Congressional appointments to one of the U.S. Service Academies as well as one student who will be attending the Air Force Academy Prep School.
“The important task of protecting our country and preserving democracy is entrusted to the men and women in our armed forces,” Granger said. “Today, military leaders must excel in not only military matters, but also in technology, management and other areas. The men and women who have earned appointments to the academies are the very best we have to offer in my district, and I am confident they will go on to be the leaders of tomorrow who will continue to protect and defend the United States.”
These appointments are for the class that enters in the summer of 2011 and graduates in the spring of 2015. The appointees from District 12 are as follows:
- Charles Jacobsen, Boswell High School, U.S. Military Academy
- Andrew McElfresh, North Crowley High School, U.S. Military Academy
- James Moody, Boswell High School, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Mark Don Suges, Haltom High School, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Michael Menefee, II, who has been attending New Mexico Military Institute, received an appointment to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Garrett O’Hanlon, who has been attending Air Force Prep School, received an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy
- Andrew Rekieta, who has been attending Northwestern Prep, received an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy
- Matthew Sandusky, who has been attending University of Texas, received an appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy
- Trenton Turrentine, who has been attending Military Academy Prep School, received an appointment to the U.S. Military Academy
In addition, the following student will attend a prep school:
- Giselle Ixchu, Azle High School, will attend the Air Force Academy Prep School
Individuals who are interested in obtaining a Congressional nomination for the next academic class, which begins in the summer 2012, must send a completed application package to Congresswoman Granger’s District 12 office no later than October 17, 2011.
For additional information or an application packet, write to:
Congresswoman Kay Granger
ATTN: Service Academy Coordinator
1701 River Run Road, Suite 407
Fort Worth, Texas 76107-6548
Or an individual can call the service academy coordinator in the office at (817) 338-0909.
Interested individuals can also go to www.kaygranger.house.govfor nomination information.