|May 17, 2004|
|Pat Svacina / Rachel Carter |
(817) 338 - 0909 / (202) 225-5071
Congresswoman Kay Granger (R – Fort Worth) announced Friday that eight District 12 residents have received Congressional appointments to one of the U.S. military academies.
"As we have seen over the past months, protecting our country and preserving democracy is entrusted to the men and women in the military," Granger said. "The women and men who have earned appointments to the military academies this year are the best we have to offer in District 12, and I am confident they will go on to be the military leaders of tomorrow who will continue to protect and defend the United States."
The appointments are for the class that enters in Summer 2004 and graduates in Spring 2008. The appointees from District 12 are as follows:
• Brent Carr, Westpoint (U.S. Army) , Arlington Heights High School/Tarrant County College
• Andrew Davis, Air Force Academy, Northstar Academy
• Jonathan Hill, Air Force Academy, Paschal High School
• Jason Lunger, Air Force Academy, Keller High School
• Megan Mueller, Air Force Academy, Keller High School
• Cary Reeves, Air Force Academy, Aledo High School
• Aaron Shanor, Air Force Academy, Azle High School/AFA Preparatory School
• Eric Smiteley, Naval Academy, Culver Academy.
Persons who are interested in an obtaining a Congressional nomination for the next academic class, which begins in Summer 2005, must send a completed application package to Congresswoman Granger’s District 12 office no later than November 15, 2004.
For additional information or an application packet, write to:
Congresswoman Kay Granger
1701 River Run Road, Suite 407
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
Or Call (817) 338-0909
Persons also can go to our website at https://kaygranger.house.gov for information on the nomination process and to download application forms.