One of the most important things I do as a U.S. Representative is help people with issues they're having with federal agencies. Although I cannot override the decisions made by a federal agency, I can often intervene on a person's behalf to answer questions, find solutions, or just cut through the red tape. Regardless of which agency you need help with, I need a completed privacy authorization form to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act. If you need immediate assistance or are seeking help with a federal agency, please call my district office. 


Mailing Address

Office of Congresswoman Kay Granger
Attn: Constituent Services
1701 River Run
Suite 407
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Phone: (817) 338-0909

Fax Number
(817) 335-5852

E-mail Address

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.


Below are the topics that my office receives the most questions about from Constituents. Click the links below as they may provide you with answers to basic questions as well as information on resources that are available. Have more questions? Call my district office!

Frequently Asked Questions
Social Security
State Department - Passport Service/Traveling abroad
State Department – Non Immigrant Visas
Department of Education and Financial Aid for Students 
Veterans Affairs
Security Clearances
Identity Theft

Other important links is the official U.S. gateway to all government information.

Is the federal government’s official website for federal jobs and employment information (from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management). “Career One Stop” is a U.S. Department of Labor-sponsored Web site that offers career resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals. 
One-stop access to consumer information and assistance from the federal government, coordinated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Covers product recalls, fraudulent practices, and buying tips.

Disaster Assistance Available from FEMA 
Information from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). 

FEMA Regional Offices provide additional local information.

Federal Grants
Learn about government grants and loans for states and organizations.

What my office can do:

  • Help you communicate with federal agencies
  • Request information or a status report on your case
  • Request that an agency consider or reconsider your case
  • Submit an inquiry with a federal agency on your behalf
  • Help you obtain basic information from a federal agency

What my office cannot do:

  • Force a federal agency to act in your favor or speed up your case
  • Provide legal advice or recommend an attorney
  • Overturn or influence matters involving private businesses
  • Intervene with state issues. My office cannot overturn or influence matters under the jurisdiction of local or state governments. If your issue involves state or municipal agencies, please contact your state legislators, or contact the state agency directly. The Governor of Texas’s office may also be able to help you with state issues.
  • Intervene with judicial issues.
  • My office cannot legally get involved with pending litigation, including questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, child custody issues, deportation proceedings and civil lawsuits.
  • My office cannot overturn or in any way influence a court’s decision.